Saturday, August 11, 2012

Updates (Two Weeks Post Op)



I apologize for not writing any posts this past week. Luckily my absence has less to do with the fact that I am still in pain, sick, etc. and more to do with the fact that things are finally getting back on track. While I still have a bit of pain around my incisions, I am feeling worlds better and am so happy to start to feel like myself again. Below are more updates: 

Pain
Like I said above, my pain is world's better.  I had my incisions checked yesterday (all of the bandages were also removed) and while the large incision is still quite tender, the other four don't bother me at all.

Exhaustion
I am definitely not feeling as exhausted as I was the first week, but still find that I need to take it easy. I went out to a store with my sister last week and after 20 minutes realized I needed to go home and rest. My body definitely sends me signals when it has had too much, and I am being careful not to push myself beyond my limits. 

Food
Last week was part of the 'pureed food stage' and surprisingly wasn't that bad. After being on a strict liquid diet, it was nice to have something different. I was worried how things like scrambled eggs and cottage cheese would go down (a lot of people get horrible stuck episodes with scrambled eggs) but I am happy to say I have yet to get stuck (knock on wood!). Yesterday was my first day of soft food (basically an extension of the pureed stage but adding a few items in). After talking to my nutritionist, I decided to try some weight watchers lasagna. It was weird taking such small bites and having to chew them 20-30 times, but it tasted so good!

Weight
My weight has been all over the place this week. One day I'm down two pounds, and the next I am up three. It is really freaking me out, because of course I did this whole thing to lose lose lose.  I honestly don't think I am eating too much (if anything before yesterday, I was eating too little). I am afraid to call the surgeon's office because I think they will try and blame the weight gain on me and just assume I am eating bad choices, or eating too much but honestly, that is not the case. For breakfast I eat one egg, with a bit of low fat cheese on top, and a mini yogurt. For lunch, I have 1/2 cup of homemade soup and for dinner I have 1/2 a mini weight watcher lasagna and 1/4 cup of cottage cheese. I do usually get hungry around 8 and will have either a popsicle, a little more lasagna, or 1/2 of a low fat homemade carrot muffin. 

My First Fill
I remember before I had my surgery, I read all of these posts in the online forum I frequent where people were saying how they couldn't wait to have their first fill. I personally thought they were crazy as the idea of having a huge needle stuck in my stomach, and spending 2 days on a liquid diet again are not appealing. Now, I totally understand. While I am eating less than I would have before the surgery, I don't feel as full as everyone says I should be. Now that my stomach is not swollen, and my band has not been tightened, I am hungry throughout the day. I believe I can't have my first fill until 6 weeks after surgery, so the next month may be a little rough. I am going to try and eat until I am not hungry, but also not ignore true hunger, and not eating can make me feel very sick. 

Regret
I am definitely not regretting this surgery as much as I was last week, but I am still very upset with the place I had my surgery. I feel like they deliberately left A LOT of information out in order to secure my money. There are so many things I have found out since having the surgery, that they never informed me of. I do plan on writing them an email expressing my displeasure (that's putting it nicely), but every time I start to write it, I get super angry and have to walk away from the computer. 

As always, thank you so much for your support! It is so so appreciated. 

xx
Alicia

6 comments:

  1. Glad things are going better!

    I think you should definitely email them, and share the email and your story on forums and sites like Yelp (if you're comfortable with it). That doctor seems really arrogant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're doing better!! I definitely think you should send a letter to the clinic. Unfortunately, so many places do that and a lot of them never get called out on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely lovely to hear from you. Was beginning to worry if there was something wrong. Happy to hear that everything is all right. Let the world of weight loss begin :) so happy you can eat solid food, woooooooooo :) xx
    liloo/@tsunimee xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Habanero Acetic Acid (BabaXanthin) - TITanium Art
    A few weeks back, I started using an titanium daith jewelry an acid-based blend with habanero peppers in a small saucepan. I titanium nose rings placed the ingredients mens black titanium wedding bands in titanium granite a  Rating: 4 titanium wedding ring · ‎9 reviews · ‎$5.25

    ReplyDelete