Thursday, August 8, 2013

Band Fill Update + My Favourite Green Smoothie



Hey Everyone, 

It's been almost 2 weeks since I got my latest lap band 'fill' and, let me tell you, I have noticed a difference. The first couple of days after receiving my fill, I figured it hadn't worked. I was able to eat all of the same foods I had been able to eat before the fill,  and didn't feel any less hungry. By day three, however, things had changed. The first thing I noticed was that the foods I had never had difficulties with, were extremely hard to eat. From well toasted bread to crunchy lettuce, I get 'stuck' at least once a meal and am not able to flush the food down with a sip of water (I won't get into the gross details of how I get the food unstuck). I have also noticed myself getting full or satisfied with less food, although I still feel fairly hungry between meals. I have not seen much weight loss since getting the fill, but am really hoping that with a little exercise (I'm currently sick with the flu and in bed) and a new diet (see below), I will start seeing results soon. 

Clean Eating
In an attempt to eat even better than I have been, I have dared myself and one of my sisters to go on a 'clean eating' diet for one month. For those who don't already know, a clean eating diet involves whole nutritious foods (fruits, vegetables, whole grains, proteins) and no processed foods, white flour or sugar. There is a lot of planning that has to go into eating this way (shopping, meal prep, choosing clean recipes, cleaning out the cupboards), so we won't be starting until next week. After a few days of eating this way, I will be sure to update you on my progress and hopefully share a few favourite recipes. 

My Favourite Green Smoothie
As I mentioned in my previous post, I am on a green smoothie kick, and find that this healthy drink, packed with spinach and a variety of fruit, is usually enough to keep me satisfied between breakfast and lunch. While I don't have exact measurements for what I include in my smoothie (I usually just eyeball it), I wanted to share my favourite green smoothie combination. 

1 handful of spinach (High in Fiber, Omega 3, Protein and Vitamins C, E, A and K)
1/2 a banana (High in Potassium, Fiber and Vitamins C and B-6)
1/2 of a peach (High in Vitamins A and C, Fiber, Potassium and Antioxidants)
Frozen Mango Chunks (High in Fiber, Vitamins A,C,E and K and Potassium)
Earth's Own Original Almond Milk (High in Calcium, Vitamins C, E, D and A)
2 tbsp of Chia Seeds on top (High in Omega 3, Protein, Fiber and Antioxidants)

Have you tried green smoothies before? Any combinations you think I should try? Be sure to let me know in the comment area. 

xx
Alicia

1 comment:

  1. Nice Blog!!
    Discover our website for Lap Band Surgery beneficial for a constraining weight loss surgery. Book a free weight loss consultation today. Call us at 305-821-3795.
    Click Here: Lap Band Diet

    ReplyDelete