One of the best clean eating recipes I have found since starting my 'healthy eating' journey has been Shape Magazine's 'Cinnamon Chia Seed Granola'. Making a few minor adjustments of my own, this recipe has become a house hold favourite as it tastes absolutely delicious!
With only five wholesome ingredients, this granola fits the 'clean eating' bill and combines oats (fiber, protein), chia seeds (fiber, protein, omega-3 fatty acids), cinnamon (fiber, calcium, iron), honey (probiotics) and canola oil.
I have been eating this granola by itself as a mid afternoon snack, sprinkled onto a bowl of greek yogurt and berries for breakfast or mixed with homemade frozen yogurt for dessert.
1 cup of old fashioned large flake oats
2 tbsp. of chia seeds
3/4 tsp. of cinnamon
2 tbsp. of organic honey (can use non organic)
1 tbsp. of canola oil (could use olive oil or coconut oil for cleaner recipe)
1) Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2) Combine oats, chia seeds and cinnamon in a small bowl.
3) Stir in honey and oil and mix until all oats/chia seeds are well coated.
4) Spread mixture onto a baking sheet
5) Cook for 15-18 minutes or until slightly browned.
Will you be giving this clean granola recipe a try? Any great clean eating recipes you can share with me?