Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My Last Meal? Ice Cream!


With just ten days left until I have to start my pre-operative meal plan, consisting  of protein shakes and vegetables (750 Calories a day), I have decided to allow myself to eat whatever I want. While some might agree that this is not the best idea (hello, Dad), I feel like I might as well enjoy my favourite foods while I still can. So what have I chosen for my final meal(s)?. Rich, creamy, delicious ice cream! Although the band will allow me to eat ice cream in the future (after all, its basically a liquid and can pass through the band without a hitch), it is highly recommended that I stay away from high calorie liquids as they won't give me the feeling of being full (the whole purpose of getting the lap band), and will just add unwanted calories. Does this mean I will never have a spoonful of ice cream again? I certainly hope not, but, for now, I am very determined to lose the weight, and want to stick with my diet as long as I can. So after these ten days, it's time for me to say good bye, ice cream.  See you on the flip side. 

xx
Alicia

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! I am looking forward to embarking on this journey with you.

    FYI, I'm pretty sure there is a way to make "ice cream" from protein smoothies. My sister is an expert at the protein smoothie and has come up with a variety of "recipes". I'll see what I can find out from her and share with you.

    ReplyDelete