Saturday, July 14, 2012

My List of Positives



With some anxiety, gross tasting protein shakes, and some people that would rather try and make me feel bad, than be supportive, it is hard to stay positive. It is for that reason, that I thought I would make a list of all of the things I am looking forward to when I start losing weight. This way, every time I am feeling anxious or overwhelmed, I am come back to my list, and try to think positively. 


1) Fitting into clothes: I don't even care about fitting into smaller clothes at the moment, I would just like to feel comfortable, in the clothes I own. I have a number of things that fit, but it always feels like I am trying to squeeze myself into them, to the point that it is hard to breathe, sit comfortably, etc. 


2) A thinner face: I don't know why my face always seems to be the first place that gains weight, but it has become too round for my liking. I can't wait until I have a slimmer face with cheekbones you can actually see.  I think it will be nice applying makeup to a brand new face, and I know I will feel more confident when it comes to 'face of the day' posts, and tutorials. 


3) Knees that don't hurt: While not all of the pain I experience in my knees is related to my weight, losing weight will definitely help take a lot of stress and pressure off my joints. I will be able to walk more, climb the stairs easier and hopefully spend less time in bed. 


4) Feeling more confident: Lately, there has been fewer and fewer days that I feel completely confident about myself. While appearance is not everything, I definitely think I will feel better about myself and my body once I start losing weight, which will only lead to me feeling more confident. 


5) Getting rid of some of my medical problems: I have several medical problems (fibromyalgia, PCOs, etc.), that while not caused by excess weight, are definitely related to being over weight. I am sick of taking a bunch of different medications, going to tons of doctor's appointments and having all sorts of medical procedures done. I hope that with the weight loss, I will become a healthier person, and won't have to worry about my medical issues as much. 


6) Being able to cross my legs: It sounds silly, but I have always wanted to be able to cross my legs properly. Because of my heavier size, my stomach always gets in the way, and I don't feel like a 'lady' when I wear dresses and skirts. 


7) Not suffocating when I lie flat on my back: Because I have a bigger chest and chin, I sometimes feel like I am suffocating when I lie flat on my back. Losing weight, will make me feel like I can actually breathe. 


8) Feeling and becoming more fit: While a large part of why I have trouble working out has to do with my fibromyalgia, my weight is also a factor in how much I can exercise. With less weight to drag around, I think I will be able to exercise more easily which will help in losing more weight, and becoming more toned. 


As the days go on, there are more things I look forward to, and I will be sure to continue this list in future posts. 


Thank you so much to all of the people who have been supportive, and who have written encouraging comments. I really appreciate it. 


xx
Alicia

1 comment:

  1. I love your list. They pretty much all apply to me too, so I can really relate. Focus on the positive, and hold on to the positive people in your life! Every one else just doesn't matter and they can move on. Haters always need to feel heard. Ignore them, and they will go away.

    I believe in YOU! And I know that you can and WILL do it!

    ReplyDelete