Sunday, July 22, 2012

What?!


It is day 10 and, emotionally,  I am feeling much better. On Friday my sister and I took a trip to the States for some retail therapy. I had been feeling really sick all day (as only eating vegetables and protein shakes will do that to a person), so I made the decision to add something else to my diet. I decided that cottage cheese would be my best choice. First, it has a ton of protein (something I am supposed to get a lot of), and second it is both low in calories and fat (I got the lightest kind available).  Unfortunately, because my surgeon's office has been closed since Friday, I haven't been able to share my decision with the doctor or nurses. However, I think it was the right decision for me, and I can't even tell you how much better I feel.


On Friday I got a really strange email from my patient co-ordinator. She said that I had checked off a number of things on my pre-op form that she wanted to double check. She said I had sleep apnea (nope), diabetes (nope) allergies to medication (nope), asthma (nope) and that I am pregnant. Wait, what??!! First off, no, I am not pregnant. Second, why would they only be asking me this a week before my surgery? Do they operate on women who are pregnant? If they do, is this the type of place I want to have my surgery? Did they confuse my chart with somebody else's?  Again, is this the type of place I want to have my surgery? My Mom and I are going to call tomorrow and clarify some things, but it seems very weird to me. 


Other than that, I have been trying very hard not to think about the surgery. My sister and I decided to start our own youtube channel (daily vlog, fun videos, etc.) which has really taken my mind off of the fact that I am having surgery in 5 days (oh man, a chill just went down my spine). 


We are off to spend the day on the boat which will hopefully take my mind off everything. 


xx
Alicia



1 comment:

  1. So glad you are feeling a bit better!
    It almost sounds like they mixed up your charts with someone else's? That would be a big red flag too, but that is very odd.

    ReplyDelete